Discovery Channel's "Tanked" *LETS DO SOMETHING*

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by mikejrice, Sep 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

As a writer I can tell you, movies and TV thrive on conflict. That's why so many reality shows are like this. LA Fish Guys tried to get his show on Animal Planet. Sadly I knew he wouldn't get it because it was just him and no silly, trashy or mean people working with him like many reality TV shows. It's all about wowing and conflict.

I am in no way saying the people of Tanked are trashy.

4. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I will.

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Awesome, thank you for the help.

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I even posted something on my facebook about this issue as well. If everyone will post something on their own facebook pages, then it will surely get some attention that way as well.

Brandon Smith | Facebook

7. mikejrice

I'm down for that as well. Make sure it asks for reposts.

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

But of course. I just asked everyone to repost to help the cause for all their friends that are in the hobby.

10. Thales

Thales Plankton

I am not sure they are all bashing, and I don't think its up to us to bring about any changes at all, though making suggestions is fine. Its their show, they can do what they want and I don't think we have a leg to stand on in demanding anything from ATM or the producers of the show. You may not agree and that's fine, but that is probably why you aren't seeing calls to action. I have been told that the ATM guys are reading a whole lot of whats being written about the show, and either they will hear it or not. Like I say, its their show and only they can decide if they want to change it.

Rich ;D

PS - you going to MACNA?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  11. mikejrice

Yep, I'll be there.

12. SalinFL

SalinFL Plankton

I am almost afraid to ask, so please don't beat me about the head an shoulders but…. Why are you all rallying the troops and contacting the network about this show? I heard about Tanked just the other day and called up a few clips on the web. And?? I'm assuming the distain stems from all the glitz and glamour of the show and that it doesn't accurately depict the science and true dedication that are the cornerstones of this great hobby? I can only guess because in all the posts I've read, I've yet to find the true issues.

Just trying to enlighten myself as we all have our own perspective on things, be kind.

Sally