disaster struck....nem got skimmed

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Swisswiss, Apr 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

Just keep that skimmer and carbon going. In addition to pulling stuff from the water, the skimmer is also wonderful for oxygenating your water.

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

one of the first things i did was clean it and pop it right back. i was expecting it to pull gunk up like crazy but the cup is still empty even if its working at max wet skimmate mode

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

As the organics break down your skimmer should pull it out. I'm really sorry about your tragedy swiss. Another few days of water changes and your tank will clear up be stable. Keep checking those params.

5. Swisswiss

Gave a feeding before I left and they devoured it all up so that can't be a bad sign. If the water fails to clear up with the carbon ill give it another 100 l hit

6. Swisswiss

just an update......all fish are back to normal including the cleaner wrasse and chromis that looked like a sure gonner, had i woken up perhaps an hour earlier yesterday i would have been able to save them all....:(....

but anyway happy they are their swimming selves again. water is still a little cloudy though....

coral polyps are normal as well, will change 20 l of water tomorrow and keep the carbon filter running of all of today still

7. ub400

ub400 Plankton

Sorry for your loss, happy to see that things are under control. by the way I live near Geneva, we should meetup one of these days.

8. Click Here!

9. Swisswiss

Oh snap! Where exactly? For sure, I usually hang out at this bar called clubhouse in the paquis area if ever you're in Gva

10. Swisswiss

*3reef....connecting people*

11. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Sorry to hear about your losses. Seems you have it under control now and saved the rest of your critters so thats a good thing.