Die Aiptasia! Die!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 15, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Great link Karla!

Any report on the Joe's Juice?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Inverts;num=1076874560;start=15#20 date=03/15/04 at 06:58:56]
    Any report on the Joe's Juice?
    [/quote]

Works instantly.

Check out the reviews.

4. aic007

aic007 Astrea Snail

get a pepermint shrimp, they eat the little bastards. had a couple in my tank from some lr I bought. Picked up a peppermint and no problems. as long as they are not huge, and also make sure its not a camel back shrimp. Camels don't eat the aptaisias but the peppermint do for sure.

5. Craig Manoukian

Only if you realy want Pepppermint Shrimp in your tank and you have the correct species. There are two species and one is a better aiptasiavore, but they are almost indistinguishable except for scienists or collectors who can identify the subtle differences.

I had Peppermint Shrimp that ignored my aiptasia but loved munching on my BTA, yikes!

6. aic007

aic007 Astrea Snail

7. Craig Manoukian

Absolutely positive ;D, I've had both.  Peppermints are cidnariavores and can eat "any" anenome not just the glass ones. ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Joe's juice really works, I've tried it and have killed about a dozen aptasia with it, give it a try.

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I just killed some in my tank with un-diluted white vinegar in a syringe it died as soon as I put it into it. It has been 4 days and I haven't seen them again. ;D ;)

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=fletch link=board=Inverts;num=1076874560;start=15#27 date=07/03/04 at 10:31:04]I just killed some in my tank with un-diluted white vinegar in a syringe it died as soon as I put it into it. It has been 4 days and I haven't seen them again. ;D ;)[/quote]

COol! Hope they don't come back. I ~think~ I finally killed all mine. Took direct shots with Joe's Juice to do it. Indirect shots - where you kinda hit them and they retract - made them come back a few days later, albeit smaller.

For some stubborn ones, I pulled the whole darn rock out and used some giant pliers and broke off the piece of the rock it was on. heh. I was on a mission.

12. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=Inverts;num=1076874560;start=15#28 date=07/03/04 at 10:58:38]
    For some stubborn ones, I pulled the whole darn rock out and used some giant pliers and broke off the piece of the rock it was on. heh. I was on a mission.[/quote]

LOL  ;D I know what it is like to be on a mission [smiley=uzi.gif]
    I hade to take all my rock out not long ago to catch some crabs that were eating my xenia's [smiley=pissed.gif] the little buggers were hiding in the holes in my rock ( They made great Trigger fish food )  when all was done[smiley=devil2.gif]

Well If yours come back try the white vinegar, they looked like they melted after I put it in them.

And if mine come back I will give Joe's Juice and giant pliers a shot ;)