Did you check to make sure your stand was level before filling your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Did you check to make sure your stand was level before filling your aquarium?

1. Yes.

52 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. No.

35 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I checked mine for level at the beginning and throughout the fill process... It would drive me crazy if I could see a water line in one corner of the tank and no water line in the other. Just thinking about it gives me anxiety.

2. Click Here!

3. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I have a condo and have enginered hardwood flooring on slab. I used the level on the tank and it looked pretty good when I originally set it up but I do have a little lean to the front left because the slab is not perfect. I have never had a problem. I did also put the tank on 1/8 inch of styrofoam padding. Maybe that helps

4. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I didn't but it turns out that everything is level. I feel dumb for not thinking to check in the first place though!

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

No I didn't. I'm a fricking software engineer and leveling didn't occur to me! Newb mistakes man.

I read through this thread hoping someone might have a hint on how to level after the fact... didn't read any.

I'm off a 1/4 inch on my 48" long 55Gall. My back right corner is the lowest. I have hardwood on concrete slab. I can think of no way to lift so that I can shimmy this. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated by my unlevel self.

I hope to move in a year and if I do, I'll be transforming this tank into a fuge, so I only care a little bit.

6. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I've been in it for 7 years and this didn't occur to me, either! :-[ I don't think it's a newb mistake at all. And I KNOW my tank isn't level, I noticed it when I started filling it. The right side is a bit higher than the left side. I don't know by how much, though. It just didn't dawn on me that it could be a problem.

And with a 125 gallon...I have no idea what I would do. Especially if something goes wrong! After reading about that 180 blowing out a panel, I'm admittedly a little more than just kinda concerned... :-/

7. doTheEvolution

doTheEvolution Astrea Snail

Im freakin out here!! I know mine isnt level either. I have an 80g!!!:eek:

8. Click Here!

9. muecyl

muecyl Feather Duster

There should have been an "already knew it would be off but did not care button" :) My old wood floors are a bit off but it works for the better really, it tilts my 29cube forward and allows for more surface skimming...

10. sventhemac

sventhemac Astrea Snail

Before and then could see that it was off a lot halfway through filling. I HATE having to put a tank on carpeting. Now its level after a lot of pain.

11. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

When my tank water gets low enough for me to see the line, if the right side comes under the top at 9mm the left side comes under around 5mm, its been like this for a year now,

12. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid