DI/RO unit on Ebay

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by skennelly, Feb 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

That is how I hooked mine up. I got a 2 way hose connector-one the the cold side of washing machine and the other to the RO unit. works great.

2. Click Here!

3. Peter@JAX

Peter@JAX Astrea Snail

Updates

I just ordered one of these units.
    Are there any updates on the quality it provides?

Pete

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Spring water is just that spring water with all the minerals , Bottled drinking water is just that bottled drinking water from a place that just either R/O's the water or maybe D/I maybe both a U/V and some ozone and you have bottled drinking water. So you will seldom get the same reading on a TDS meter from bottle to bottle of the same brand on different days.. Te effectiveness of a R/O is based upon a percentage of the input TDS to the out put TDS. And if you have the units with the D/I housing mounted horizontally setting in clamps on top of the prefilter housings then you re not getting fully Deionized water ad gravity sucks and the water is just flowing along the bottom 1/3 maybe at best the bottom 1/2 of the D/I resign bed.

5. the_h2o_guru

the_h2o_guru 3reef Sponsor

Guys ,

There is no time frame for DI life . Any one stating a period of time is either wrong or telling lies . DI is sold by volume and a specific volume has a capacity . As an example our DI unit has a capacity of 6,800 ppm . Test your ro only water for tds , divide that result into the DI capacity and you get a good idea of the number of gallons it will produce .
    Walter