Dendros! Oh Yeah! Plus some others

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by anpgp, Dec 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

o thants bad i would test to make sure everything is right and hahahahahb mine weredendros, the heads were huge hahahaha:p

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Congrats on your new coral additions!! I have a 3 head dendro just like yours and it is by far one of my favorite corals inside my tank!
    Take good care and feed it mysis every 4 days or even once a week. I've heard people feeding them every day, but when i tried this my nutrients got so elevated that my bacteria could not keep up, causing a lot of the green dust algae.

Congrats again!!

- Mag.

4. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

They'll be fine.My hermits have knocked mine over at least 10 times,even upside down in the last week.I haven't permanently mounted them yet because I was looking for the perfect spot...think I found it.In any event,they open back up beautifully everytime.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Great looking adds.

6. ynzheng

ynzheng Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

really nice color lol... good addition... Is the first one a montipora sentosa?

7. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

nope, it's a montipora capricornis.

8. Click Here!

9. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

4 days or once a week! I feed my Dendros, sun corals, Acans and Brains every 2 days. The dendros have repaid me by growing 6 new heads in the last 5 months or less and the acans are growing fast also.

10. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

That's about how often I feed as well. I alternate between flakes one day for the fish and frozen the next day. Whenever I do frozen, I've found it easier just to thaw out one whole cube and distribute it among the fish and corals.