Dendro Owners

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Triplemom, Aug 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

The pictures are fantastic! Keep 'em coming! Luna, I'm so jealous!

On Reefnjunkie's suggestion, I did move the dendro further back in the "cove," where it is completely shaded now. It does seem to be coming out more. I think my duncan has been lacking in growth because I haven't been target feeding it - duh on me! I'm going to try target feeding the dendro and duncan twice a week and see what a difference it makes.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie Feather Duster

Awesome!! Great to hear
    I can almost promise you will see the growth, actually I am sure of it.

Tuesday night I actually fed the Dendro some Silversides, just a small piece about 3/4" long-GULP:eek: it got woofed up

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I found it on the rock pilings at work. It was closed at the time so I didnt know what I was getting. Its one of those things when your not looking for it, you find it and when your looking for it, you cant find it.;)

Luna

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

On the Rhizo topic I believe they are actually illegal to import/keep which is why they are so expensive. Of course I doubt the coral police are going to come knocking on your door but just FYI.

6. Reefnjunkie

I have heard about something to do with the legality, but i can find them at just mouse click away and from many wholesaler, so that makes me question what the true story is.
    Unlike Cuban Cigars that I would like to order, I cant find them anywhere with mouse click-LOL.

It probablly has to do with the every so lovely Feds not being able to TAX them, and they dont get a piece of the action. Just like when they STOLE my online poker- "BIG BROTHER" or Mafia Vegas types were losing BILLIONS of dollars and not getting a cut-so the lobbyists or feds decide to make it online gambling illegal:finger::finger1::finger:-

Man I have always wanted to use that "Smiley" just wasn't sure when and where or how;D

Did I get off topic????

Anywho

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Will the Dendro owners post their SG and temp they keep the tank at?

I keep mine at 78-80 degrees and 1.027.

Had an accident and now my SG is 1.025
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/peredhils-mistake-71391.html#post687656

I noticed this morning the dendro is looking fuller than normal... might be the SG might not... so wondering what you keep yours at.

I noticed reefnjunkie's is at 1.025 and your denro is awesome... so got me thinking...

8. Click Here!

9. Reefnjunkie

I had always had mine at 1.023 as I thought that was the magic number, but later realizing in order to get my MG at a level of 1350ish I needed to bump my SG to 1.025 (thanks to inwall75!!!)

So my Dendro had been kept mainly at 1.023 for a month maybe two and now it is 1.025-

Honestly I have not seen a diifference between the 2 levels. I think it is maybe the specimen but I do keep my water rich in nutrient -IMO
    and I target feed that guy as well as my Duncan at least twice if not 3 times a week.

My water temps swing from a low at night of 74.5 to 75.5 and by the end of the evening it peaks at times to 80, usually stays tops 79, an occaisional 81.8. I cant justify hooking my chiller up or firing the A/C-I live in Oregon for petes sake. I will fire up the A/C when we get days in the high 80's to 100's which is uncharateristic for here, but we have had a very nice warm summer-Its raining as I type-LOL

Just 3 days ago the Dendro was fed a silverside, and that disappeared-LOL
    Tonight it will get Spiralina(sp?) brine fed, but I squirt that reef nutrition stuff in every other day at least-mainly for some new clams I got and my button corals which are sort of new and wanting them happy

Look at this happy camper-actually it is happier now that I have lopped that shrum off the rock, I wonder were the current took that head-Time will tell;

[​IMG]
    Did you see the smile? Dude Im out there

Peredhil- What are your other levels in your tank?
    And what and how often are you "feeding" it or others in your tank and with what?
    Just curious

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

SG......1.025
    Temp.....77-79

Luna

11. sharoleb

sharoleb Bristle Worm

Love my Dendro!

I've had my dendro for just over a week, I love it! Definitely my favorite. I have fed him brine shrimp, which worked ok. He definitely ate it, but it doesn't seem like he was getting very much. Last night I chopped up a silverside into tiny pieces and it was gone! It has 2 polyps, w/ 3 smaller ones.

This pic is from when I bought it, but it is the exact one I purchased. No pics of him at home yet. :eek:)

Dendro_2.jpg

12. Reefnjunkie

Very Nice-It has for sure turned into my fave.
    I am getting into chalices but at 100-300 dollars for a 1/3 inch frag and something that can take 1 year to grow an inch, well.........

I like my Dendro-;D

Keep up with the photos as it grows!