Dendro Owners

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Triplemom, Aug 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior Spaghetti Worm

Our dendros are only ~$20/head. I can't remember how much out scolys are because I haven't been paying attention to hard corals much lately. Now, if anyone knows where to get Ricordea Yumas for a non-ridiculous price, that would be cool!

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

very nice for free luna. good score. thats glued onto your overflow? will it spread over it?

and also nice collections of dendros and duncans here. and i have complete faith in you triplemom, your dendro will look excellent soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Try Reefgardener, she is a sponsor here and she "usually" has them and for a decent price. Tell her that your from 3reef. heres the link...
    https://www.reefgardener.net/shop/
    Luna

5. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Also if what luna suggests dosnt work out. you could try saltwaterfish dot com.sometimes there prices aren't to bad..

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Yes it is glued, not to sure about the spreading. It is however spreading on the rock it came on and looks like its encrusting so it may spread onto the wall. Dont take my word for it, I am not a Dendro expert.

Luna

7. Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie Feather Duster

Yours certainly is brighter than mine. I have seen the brighter ones but thought that was the lighting, after buying one I realized-WRONG. I think the Australia ones are brighter-I cold be wrong????
    That is a beauty!!

8. Click Here!

9. Reefnjunkie

For sure like this one!
    I am not sure of the scientific name-Hold on Google, here it is;
    Rhizotrochus typus-called Rhizos, is there a chance Luna that is what you have there?
    I was going to buy a Rhizo but read about the 6-8 inch tenticles and 125-250 per head thats all I needed-LOL

But I have seen photos of red and white rhizos which looks like what you have.

Me wants one, are you going swimming any time soon, or perhaps fragging soon????
    Hmm Hmm, watcha think watcha think-

All joking that thing is cool, and I would be interested in one if there was a way to swing that.
    I'll look for a reply or PM you later.

Nice photos everyone

Here is a little "then" and "now" 6 months between photos

Then;
    [​IMG]

Now;

[​IMG]

For each mainmouth you can see there is about 5 that circle it-not the best photo to show that-Still dialing in the Digi Cam

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I googled Rhizotrochus typus and the second pic is what mine looks like. Mine has a plain brown body with a clearish to aqua-ish color tentacles just like the pic I posted. If its the one in the pic, it sells for $800.

[​IMG]

Luna

11. Reefnjunkie

OHHHHH:(

Did you know what it was before? Maybe a price break since perhaps I pointed you in the right direction;D

So now, just how did you exactly you come across this coral ?

Well officer, I was swimming down the coast one day and this big wave.........Nice coral!

12. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

thanks RJ.when i picked it up it was kinda dull.after having it for a bit in the tank it just keeps getting brighter.....sometimes it almost looks neon...once I set up the new tank I will p/u a nice dendro....