dendro babies

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by chonchboy5, Dec 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chonchboy5

chonchboy5 Astrea Snail

Hi Ive had a two polyp dendro in my reef for about 6-8 months now and my daughter was feeding them religously every morning she even named them BOB (she is 12, and loves my hobby) we were waiting for babies to sprout. The guy at the LFS where we bought him said to her if she feeds them faithfully and the water conditons were right it would sprout babies.
    Excited to see what appeared to be new growth (babies) on the sides of the polyps about a month ago, BOB seemed to have died! almost all of the flesh on the polyps disapeared slowly and the inside center shell is exposed. i left it in the tank and chalked it up for dead. My daughter upset and distraught at the death of BOB. anyhow now i found that it is not dead and what we thought were the babies 5-6 weeks ago now have tenticles ot thier own and are growing!
    Anyone experience this before ? this is my first dendro and cant find much info on the lifecycle on the net.

any info will be appreciated thanks
    Anthony

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Bumping for Anthony

any experienced Dendro keepers on site?

Steve

4. chonchboy5

chonchboy5 Astrea Snail

thanks for the bump
    the babies seem to be doing just fine! there is about 8 tiny heads growing and i think i will start feeding brine shrimp eggs in about a week or so