Deep USA Reef Found!

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 2, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

That is cool! I am not surprised! Mother Nature is Awesome.

I love the statement that they are now trying to figure out how to "preserve" the reef! Humans are so arrogant. LEAVE IT ALONE! That is how!

This is what happens when we try to "preserve" our beaches...

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-12/hboi-vom122104.php

Invasive algae was covering reefs in FL, but the bad weather scoured it mostly clean on its own (altho it is likely to come back as it is an introduced algae with no natural controls) but the reefs were covered in sand from beach reclaimation projects. :-/

Not saying we should not care, just not try to do a better job than the planet does already!

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I just watched that on CNN That is amazing how nature can adapt!! I second that Birdlady just leave it alone it has been doing just fine all of this time just let nature do what nature does !!!! Just keep us away from it and it will do just fine!!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah, good points. The place seems to do fine when we aren't screwing it up.

That was an interesting article BL. Maybe I need to turn my Tunze up to get rid of the Grape Caluerpa in my tank. ;D

Hopefully now that people know that it's there, it won't become a target destination. (I read in National Geographic that the Titanic which is 2.5 miles underwater, has signs of looting now!)

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

....hmmm i bet we humans r gona do somthing stupid like try to "sterilize" it and dump soap in the water hahahhaha lol....i hope not...but that article is cool.... :)