Deep Sea Aquatic 150, 185 or 215

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by ClimberChris, May 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ClimberChris

ClimberChris Flamingo Tongue

I am looking into getting a Deep Sea Aquatic Standard 150, 185 or 215 with cabinet and canopy. Has anyone used them before? my LFS said he has been unsure of Oceanic lately and said DSA has some great tanks. Does anyone happen to have one and is willing to share some approximate pricing? I have been unable to find any pricing for these online! Thanks!;D

2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I have not heard of them but maybe some one else has. Posting to get you thread back to the top to see if we can get you some answers.

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

my tank is a 90g DSA, I'm going to be building a 185 this summer for my wife's boss also that is going to be a DSA, they build a great quality tank
    I paid around 500 for my 90g with no plumbing, the 185 with overflows and no plumbing was around 1k on the quote i got, their prices change all the time though depending on prices of glass

5. civsi44

civsi44 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have heard nothing but good things as well, I considered them but got a great deal on my 150 Oceanic, of which I have not had any issues.

6. norman.stormin

norman.stormin Plankton

I ordered a DSA 185 Neo from Absolutely Fish in Clifton a few months ago. Got (what I think) was a great price--1500 for reef-ready tank and stand (no canopy). I'd love to show you pics, but I haven't set the tank up yet b/c basement isn't quite finished yet...

Tank and stand are beautiful (with starfire glass on the front). Plus, AF delivered (and carried the tank into my basement) for about 100 bucks.

7. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I'll be watching for a build thread on that one :p

I want the DSA Neo Nanno that Matt has as my next tank :jester:

8. Click Here!

9. rocketmandb

rocketmandb Ocellaris Clown

I've just finished setting up (and will be tearing down today due to a move) a DSA 185. I absolutely love the tank.

These are the guys that built the old Oceanic (before All Glass bought them). The story is that All Glass wanted to consolidate its plants and shut down the Oceanic plant in Texas. The Oceanic guys in Texas didn't want to move so they quit and formed DSA. All the old Oceanic quality is there and then some. Top quality tanks.

See my build thread in my sig for pics.

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Your buying a tank, not building it;)

500 for a 90g is pretty pricey. Is that starfire glass? And are those numbers for the tank only, or stand and tank?

Local guys are buying AGA/ aqueon 180g tanks for around 600 with the overflows but no plumbing. That might have something to do with the fact that aqueon tanks are built in the Milwaukee area.

11. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I went to an LFS in Maumelle AR today, and they have a Neo 185 reef setup with 3 250w MH. The tank was really sweet, and with the 36 inch width it really seemed bigger than 185. Nice tank, I'd love one.

12. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

My LFS has a 185 DSA tank for sale...they want $2300 for the tank and then another $2000 for the rinky-dink plywood stand they built. Tank is solid...just would rather buy straight from DSA and have it shipped.