deep sand bed help

Discussion in 'Sand' started by simonold1975, Dec 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BMXCLAY

BMXCLAY Purple Spiny Lobster

It is going through the cycle now. As soon as the nitrite and ammonia hits zero and nitrates go down some you will be good. If the nitrates dont go down then water changes will get rid of them.
    What is your planned stocking list?
    Normally a damsel is a good fish to add first.

2. Click Here!

3. simonold1975

simonold1975 Plankton

dont know on stocking list as havent really thought about it,possibly some wrasse,firefish,tangs and cromis dont want any nemos as cant stand the film lol,was told its best to start with the clean up crew but unsure as some internet sites say inverts should go in last.:-[

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

You just want to be sure before adding any kind of CUC that you have enough food present for them to eat.I would not add a Damsel first as they are extremely mean and territorial.Unless you plan on an aggresive tank.I would add a few snails or hermits to consume the inevitable diatom bloom but would not add too many.You could start with a fish though.;)

5. simonold1975

simonold1975 Plankton

so im guessing that i have to wait for all my levels to drop a bit more before i can add any soft coral or hermit crabs,dont think i will add any fish yet until the levels have really dropped to zero.:-/

6. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

You definitely do not want any ammonia or nitrites present before adding anything. After both are 0, feel free to add a couple hermits. Make sure to feed them since there will not be much if anything for them to eat. Then as you nitrates lower, you should be good to add some soft corals and/or fish.

1 person likes this.
  7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If the tank is safe for inverts it is safe for fish.When your cycle ends it will be fine to add either.;)