Deep Blue tank shattered!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Seano Hermano, Jul 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Thanks, Wesho. :(

2. Click Here!

3. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

That sucks, and I feel for you. Next time call the manufacturer, make your intentions clear to them. Ask for service instead of sales or whatever. And again, sorry bro. If I wasn't a strapped 33 year old college student I'd buy u another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Wow, that bites! Really sorry to hear about that, Sean.

5. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Man I'm really sorry to hear about your tank shattering. Yesterday when I posted info on drilling, I apologize for not asking if it was tempered. Sorry man.

6. Seano Hermano

Thanks.

It's not your fault. I knew not to drill if the tank was tempered. I drilled my 29g and checked when I did. I didn't see the "tempered tempered" etched into the 75g until Xmetal had me check again. It didn't say anything about being tempered on the sicker on the tank or in the booklet that came with the tank.

7. Seano Hermano

Thank you evryone for the concern.

I am upset it happened, but I will make the best of it. Hopefully now will have an even better 29g than my 75 would have been...First step being to buy some nice LEDs.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. We$

We$ Spaghetti Worm

Many have clutches so you can set a break point. Say you only wanna drill a screw in so far, you set the point you want so you can work quicker on dry wall or w.e. you are doing without having to make sure each screw doesn't drive to deeply. The drill just disengages when it hits a certain load.

1 person likes this.
  10. Doctorgori

Doctorgori Flamingo Tongue

ouch....if I move these Angels I'd have a 756 to sell you...but with gas at almost 4-buck/gal it might not be worth the trip ....

not "Exactly" a consolation, but certainly Craigs list for Detroit, Toledo, Terra Haute or Cleveland might turn up a nice 4ft tank for ya sooner than later

11. Seano Hermano

Thank you for the suggestions and very generous offer. I am upset it happened, but I am going to make the best of it.

Right now my family doesn't have the money for a big tank(we did when we bought it). But my 29g has already been set up for 6 months with the coralife125 (intended for the 75) on it (no livestock). So I think I am going to work with that.

It has 42# of rock, 15# of carib-sea sugar fine araginite, and the coralife 125 in the 29 gallon. I will get LED lights for the 29g and will keep a look-out on CL for a used mag drive pump (preferably a mag drive 5).

12. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I could give you a pane from mine if you pay shipping