deciding on lights for 65 gallon.

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Blue Falcon, Sep 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Geeze what tv did you get lol i had to have the 52 inch xbr6, and which was about 3000gs lol and i just bought the new samsung LeD tv pretty sick!!! haha yea i have a tek light on the 55 and a tek on the 29 and i love them, but for the DT i have to have a lot of shimmer so its leds(powerbrights) and MH :) doc i love our convos bc niether one of us budge!!!! LOL

2. Click Here!

3. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

I think it is a Westinghouse... Great for killing guys online in HD in Godfather 2... 8)

1 person likes this.
  4. oceanparadise1

LOL i love my sony but the secert is its a 3200 dollar tv but since i worked at cc i paid 750 and the samsung led, well thats a lil over 2gs but since my brother works at bestbuy now i got it for 450 lol i love deal, and yea i love killing peps in HD on in CoD4+5

1 person likes this.
  5. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

IF IT AIN'T BROKE.........MH FOREVER!!!!!!!:first:

6. daninfamous

daninfamous Flamingo Tongue

BB discount is 5% over store cost, and the cost for the samsung leds is more than 450, Also the Samsung LED tv's arnt even led tv's they are just LED back/side lit LCD's.

I know im the new guy here but I call shen's on that comment.

And the true way to go is LCD projector, 110" DIY screen in the basement = huge win.

Back to the main topic, I vote for T5's, all the extra heat/electricity dosnt seem worth it imo.

7. oceanparadise1

LCD projects look like crap also no its not he took a trainging program that gave him a large discount, same way i got my sony from cc, but it was a nice try.

8. Click Here!

9. oceanparadise1

+1 :):)

even thou my frag tank has t5s and my 29 has t5 the main 180 DT still got mh

10. daninfamous

daninfamous Flamingo Tongue

I do some home theatre consulting on the side (usually just hanging flat panel's on walls for various older couples), But everyone ive had in my home to show my quality of work, once they saw the LCD proj fired up, they were instantly intrested and commented on the beauty of the picture, mostly saying it looks just as good if not better than any tv they have seen.

Keep in mind this is on a DIY screen too, also mostly uncalibrated.

idk where or who demo'd an LCD projector to you but its def not the case.

Its an epson powerlite home cinema 6100, purchased on a BB discount, for 1480ish.

11. oceanparadise1

To me they are no where nears as clear, ill stick with my flat screens :)

12. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I'm so confused. I don't know whether I want a 36" LED TV or an LCD projection type to place over my tank. Maybe my fish will like to watch animal planet. You think that would promote coral crowth? :yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:p