Dear Dr Tim!!! Help :)?

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by RedGambit, May 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I have been a fan of your products for a while now and Never really had the chance to use One and Only for my Reef. I have a 120G Reef tank and a 125G standing by. As I move out the new tank will be set up in a few months.

From your point of view. I wanted to know which Idea you liked better? Since I will be adding about 20lbs more rock and new sand (sick of fine grade sand and want something a little larger as for it to not make storms in my tank)

1) Set up the 125 with new sand and the new rock and add one and only before transfer

2) Set up sand, then transfer everything else and add one and only.

I guess I am looking for your opinion in what you view would be the least stressfull of the game. If you feel option one is good, I do have Liverock I could transfer in with the new rock if that would help? Any input would be great around what would be best with your product.

Thanks again,

Eric

2. Click Here!

3. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Hello Eric

I vote for #2 - set up sand, move everything else, add one & only and away you go. I think that would be the least disturbing way to proceed and I see no need to get new rock as long as you are happy with what you have.

Now when you say transfer everything else does that include livestock at the same time as the rock?

Cheers

DrTim

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I would have to move the fish and corals if I did it route 2 at the same time.

5. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

in that case try to keep as much organic material from going from the old tank to the new tank - maybe have a tub of saltwater where you can rinse the live rock and get rid of any organic debris trapped in the rock before putting it in the new tank

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I plan on taking out the fish and stuff first would rinsing it in the current tank water work once livestock is out ?