Dead Purple Tipped Condylactis Anemone?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by jasond56, Jun 4, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Are you sure that the angel and butterfly aren't the culprits here? Sea anemones are normal foods for these fish in the wild afer all. Don't forget that one reason why some folks put butterfly fish in their reef tanks is to get rid of aiptasia and other nuisance anemones.

As for the ground probe, you just submerge the probe in the water, either in the tank or in the sump. No need to stick it in the substrate.

2. Click Here!

3. jasond56

jasond56 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Okay thanks. That sounds easy enough. And you highly suggest purchasing the probe - it really makes that big a difference?

You're right about the butterfly and aiptasia, I've heard that before. It's just weird that the 2 fish haven't bothered anything until this week. Actually, I've been noticing a lot of aggression toward each other lately too. I haven't changed feeding patterns or anthing....

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I'm saying that if you have stray voltage in your tank, the probe will take care of it. If that's your problem, then your inverts will slowly but surely start to recover.

My wrasse didn't bother anything for the first 3 months when I added it. You just can't change the nature of the beast...errr...fish :)

5. jasond56

jasond56 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

LOL good point. Thanks for all the help. One thing, how do stray volts wind up in tanks? Where do they come from?

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Stray voltage comes from the equipment that we us in and on our tanks. Lights, pumps, heaters, etc.