Dead or Alive

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by GreyGhost, Nov 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There's enough tissue there that it should recover provided you keep your water in good condition and target feed it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i threw way to many corals away before 3reef dont do it it might pull thru

4. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

I would give it a couple of days befour I would decide what to do with it.

5. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

I tried target feeding but it just got in the tank today so I should wait and try again in a few day's? I feel no flesh on it unless the pink is the flesh? The bottom is a brownish orange color. The top feels like a skeleton. Where are the tentacles? Does it have the ability to hide them from site and touch by receding into the skeleton? Thank you for the help and all the input. Since the edge is pink does that indicate the rest of the color of the plate and the tentacles?

6. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

That is the natural color. Google "Purple Rim Fungia" and look at other pictures to compare.

The flesh is off white/tan with a purple rim. It is fine. When they die, the skeleton will be an unmistakable bright white. Try turning off all flow and placing some mysis or brine shrimp on top. Keep all fish away and watch it for 5 minutes. The tentacles should rise from between the ridges and push the shrimp toward the center.

Jack

1 person likes this.
  7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

I put a bottle top over it and covered it with mysis but no reaction, it has been a week tomorrow and still no movement. the mouth is slightly open. A couple days ago I saw a big cloud like substance come out of the mouth then it closed up, it was sperm like I saw on a national geographic show a while back, but shouldnt it be open by now?
    Thank's to all for the help.
    Ghost