[Dead horse] PC vs T5

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by bigdookie, Aug 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bigdookie

bigdookie Astrea Snail

Thanks for the replied. If I got the oddesea, which bulbs should I replace them with?

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I am using some ATI and UVL bulbs in mine. In my frag tank I am using more of the white or 10000 and 12000K bulbs for growth but in my dispay I lean towards the aquablue specials with a fiji Purple tossed into the mix here and there.

4. reefpets

reefpets 3reef Sponsor

Not trying to agrue with anyone on the Odyssea lights.... I imported them directly from China and was one of there largest sellers about 4 years ago. I would get about 500 lights in per week that ranged from Metal Halides, T5 and Power Compacts. I stopped selling them due to all of the issues and the issues did not start or end with there Metal Halides. Since that time nothing has changed on most of their lights. Selling nearly 2000 lights per month I know first hand about the goods and the bads when it comes to Odyssea. On the other hand I would go through several thousand lights and not have an issue and then the next shipment there would be a problem with 40 percent or more. Looks like you got some of the good ones!

5. bigdookie

bigdookie Astrea Snail

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Should do you well.

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Get a 4bulb t5. You can grow anything in a 46bf with that set up. I am using reconditioned SunDial 4 bulb fixtures i got from the company off of ebay. 1/4-1/3 of the price and I love them. One plug, and timers for the actinics and daylights. I also got 'real' bulbs, ATI, KZ, ect... Right now my acro frags are doing great almost at sand level with no browning and my red plant frag bleached a bit at half depth.

The good thing about 46bf and 55 tanks is the 18' depth gives you alot to work with with less lighting

8. Click Here!

9. pjracer

pjracer Peppermint Shrimp

I just bought from the seller you are looking into. Great product. I recomend it and when it comes to changing out the bulbs you can upgrade to a better quality bulb then odyssea. But i know you will hear bad things about them but that bad part is a thing of the past and they mainly pertain to MH. Topdog has fast shipping. if you live in texas ground will get you next day.