Urgent Dammaged Warty Anemones

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Kaianuanu, May 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

Ok so, my cousin went to the beach and he brought me back some warty anemones(i didnt ask him to), but they are all torn on their foot to some degree when he removed them. 2 of them are open and have eaten a bits of fish. The third had very little of its foot intact and he has not open yet, he only sits slightly open just to where i can see his tentacles. Will the two heal? Should i get rid of the one before it dies and pollutes my tank?

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. french4orlife

french4orlife Spaghetti Worm

Ughh ripped foots usually are pretty difficult to heal...if u see their innards hanging out or their mouth gaping I would definatley flush em. Make sure if u do ever take any more ...try to teach your cousin how to remove them properly ..

4. Kaianuanu

i flushed the bad one but the other two seem to be doing so well in spite of having a little hang out, could i hang on to them a while longer and flush them if i notice them get worse? Or will they just instantly die making flushing now the best option?

5. Kaianuanu

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

if in a healthy tank anemones are very resiliant little creatures and can come back even from being cut in half as some hobbyists show by propagating them. so flushing it was a bad idea unless you could tell it was rotting