Dacian's RedSea Reefer 350

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by dacianb, Feb 24, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dacianb

dacianb Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Another big improvement for my tank this weekend was to add more flow - a lot more flow :)
    Right now I have installed 2 x Jebao RW8 - 8000l/h (but tuned to low speed for the moment) + 2 x Sicce Nano 2000l/h and the return pump of another 4000 l/h giving me a total of 85-90X circulation / hour.

It is too much for the moment, all fishes were scared about new storm, so I lowered things a bit and will go higher gradually.
    I installed all pumps in a big X, each pump targeting the opposite corner - the random flow from Jebaos, together with the return pump in center creates various waves and vortexes randomly in the tank.
    Tangs love this chaos, but very small clowns I have, sometimes have to really shake their tails to get against current.

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. dacianb

A quick phone picture with the 2 modules installed over tank. Even if light is uniform, if corals grow too large there may hit the shadow cones. So I ordered some 25 cm feets for the light ramps to rise the module higher.
    Also due to high flow in tank, now waves are few mm under the lights and already salt builds on splash screens.

Please ignore the left side of rockwork - need to add more rocks and make it look more like right side :)

20160313_173621.jpg 20160313_173643.jpg

4. Nicholson

Nicholson Plankton

Very nice tank...inspires me...BTW what's your tank dimension?

5. dacianb

It is a RedSea Reefer 350 (1.20 m long). Rockwork is not yet finalized, but what I am trying to do is an "amphitheatre" - start from front corner with low rocks and go in an U shape, also rocks growing towards the back. I see it clearly in my head, I just have to be able to make it. :)
    Have to buy more rocks and try to fit them in the way I want.

Nicholson likes this.
  6. Nicholson

Nicholson Plankton

Thanks it's a great inspiration...though the reefer series is not available here...will have someone make a high copy for me.LOL

7. dacianb

After some changes into lighting system and few more months on lifetime of the tank, here is how things looks today:
    As parameters, everything is fine and stable, only drawback is that I am unable to rise the NO3 - since couple months I have absolute 0.00 readings and nothing works (including overfeeding) to rise it a bit at 1-2.
    To compensate for lack of nutrients I am using coral food, supplements and things are OK.

IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2278.JPG IMG_2279.JPG IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2299.JPG IMG_2300.JPG

DSC reef and Swisswiss like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. dacianb

and some corals:

IMG_2280.JPG IMG_2282.JPG IMG_2284.JPG IMG_2285.JPG IMG_2286.JPG IMG_2287.JPG

DSC reef likes this.
  10. dacianb

and even more :)

IMG_2288.JPG IMG_2290.JPG IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2293.JPG IMG_2303.JPG IMG_2304.JPG

DSC reef likes this.
  11. mr_tap_water

mr_tap_water Astrea Snail

That's a great variety of healthy corals you got there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dacianb likes this.
  12. Sami

Sami Plankton

Loving the set-up Dacian, great to see more detailed pictures. You have a fantastic set of corals there mate.

dacianb likes this.