cynobacteria

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by efraincorals, Mar 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. efraincorals

efraincorals 3reef Sponsor

I want to try cinobacteria problem with refresh and waste away .my tank is sps tank for the use of waste away i think is carbon dose forn the alkalinity need to be below 8 to used this product .I HAVE SMALL CYNOBACTERIA PROBLEM .MY TANK 150 GALLON SPS TANK MY parameter alk 8 calciun 420 mag 1400 .phosphate 0 but i think false reading because cyano my test hanna checker .my nitrate 5 in salifer kit .I USED KALK WITH VINEGAR BUT ONLY 60 ML IN 15 GALLON OF KALK VIA TOP OFF .THE USED OF VINEGAR IS ONLY ONE 5 DAYS AND MY CYANO PROBLEM HAS 2 MONTH . . I USED CHEMICLEAN AND IN ONE MONTH RETURNED AND CHEMICLEAN KILL MY FISH IN THE TREATMENT .I TRY TO FIND THE PROBLEM I HAVE only 2 fish in my tank and my tds are 0 in my reverse osmosis very low fish fiding with rooger food 3 time a week . I CLEAN MY CRISTAL TANK ONLY EVERY 5 DAYS THAT INDICATE LOW NUTRIENTS VERY RARE CASE .I USED ROWAPHOS IN REACTOR WITH CARBON AND 2 TIME A WEAK USED PHOSPHAT E FRON BRIGTWEELL TO TAKE PHOSPHATE OUT OF SOLUTION IN MY TANK BUT CYANO NOT DIED .THE LAST I USED ZEOVIT ZEOBACK WITH CORALSNOW BUT NOT KILL CYANO .I THINK USED BACTERIA TO COMPITE WITH CYANO IS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN FOR THAT REASON Y TRY YOUR PRODUCT .;D

2. Click Here!

3. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Hello

Before starting with the Re-Fresh and Waste-Away stop using all the other products. Too much at one time is not good. Keep the skimmer running.

Dose Re-Fresh, wait 48 hours, dose Re-Fresh again, wait 48 hours dose Re-fresh a third and last time.

Wait another 48 hours and add 1/4 the dose of Waste-Away (not the full dose). Your tank make get cloudy - do not add more waste-away until the tank clears. Then add another 1/4 dose. If the tank is clear after 48 hours add 1/2 dose. Again don't add more until the tank clears and then add 3/4 dose. Wait at least 48 hours or until the tank clears (which ever is longest) and add the normal dose. At this point you should being see results. After this add the waste-away every 2 weeks or so.

Cheers,

DrTim

1 person likes this.
  4. efraincorals

cinobacteria dead thanks for the help dr tims .

5. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Great - what phase the treatment I outlined are you in?

6. efraincorals

3 dose of refrech and 5 dose of waste away and cyano gone .I plan to use waste away every to weeks to mantain the tank and refresh .

7. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

great! got any before and after pictures?

8. Click Here!

9. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I've used Re-Fresh in my 150 myself. Great product! I'm an advocate of all of Dr. Tim's products.

10. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Not to take away from Dr. Tim's products here, but it sounds like you might have another issue actually if you are saying ChemiClean's product killed your fish. What fish did it kill? I have used this product twice with no problems at all to fish or corals. I'm just curious, and I really don't think it was the Chemiclean red slime remover that killed your fish.

11. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

It's a very strong possibility, actually. He wouldn't be the first. Chemiclean significantly drops the O2 level, and if it drops low enough, fish suffocate. Many people advocate using an airstone with Chemiclean to help prevent this.

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

You are right of course, he has nothing posted about what kind of flow or surface agitation there is going on. I have plenty in my tank, so I didn't even think about that.