Cyano

Discussion in 'Algae' started by coldshot, Mar 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

Another good call many thanks friend.good article...

2. Click Here!

3. coldshot

I have no fuge yet...
    And what is its overall purpose of keeping it in the fuge is it just there or do you keep it for a reason if so what is it?

4. tronb24

tronb24 Coral Banded Shrimp

I had a really bad outbreak last month. What I did was; added a extra powerhead for more flow, reduced my lighting period from 12 hours to 8, reduce my fish feeds to twice weekly (I was feeding once a day), temporary stoped coral supplements and feedings, scoop out as much cyano as possible during water changes every other day.

This process was a pain and took a month to eliminate the problem, but it worked.

5. coldshot

Its 3:30 min the Am and I am shopping I just bought some Chemi clean has any one ever dealt with the aquarium guys web site? I have heard of them but never bought from em

www.AquariumGuys.com

6. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

really? i have some in my fuge and was wondering if it would eventually take over and "kung-fu" my tanks butt :lol:

isnt the chemiclean stuff reef safe?

7. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Chemi-clean and Red Slime Remover are reef safe, but if it is used, you really have to keep an eye on your tank's pH and dissolved oxygen levels. My snails got unhappy when I had to use RSR last month.

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I let grow to a certain extent, but keep it under control. I am to the understanding that if you let some grow in the fuge. Then it will hog all the nutrients it needs and will not allow it to grow in the main tank. All I can say is that so far it has worked perfectly. I have never had any green algae or cyano in the DT. My fuge is covered. It looks like a swamp. Tangster wrote a very good explanation of this--just type in a search the word swamp and you will find Tangsters post.