Cyano treatment powder tested

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Yuri Kapustin, Feb 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Have you ever watched Jerry Springer? :lol:

2. Click Here!

3. Zzippper

Zzippper Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yuri - I have absolutely no issue with you or anything you said. You did not offend me at all. Nor do I have an issue with Tangster, or anyone else for that matter.:)

I was merely pointing out that one individual's comments struck me as being excessively negative, vague and non-specific. He then responded with a personal attack. Perhaps I should not have lowered myself to his level...

I would however like to point out that Yuri and I were indeed talking about the same product and that the other individual is the one "who isn't even on the same page... in terms of talking about the same product".

Z

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

lmao, love that show!

5. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

Too many times hahaha.

Im happier keeping this thread in this direction haha.
    Im too tired of criticism haha

Im helping out the guy in need via pm. Its all good.

6. {Nano}Reefer

Sweet -

[​IMG]

7. Yuri Kapustin

not soo sweet hah .but funny

8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

you gotta love Borat!

10. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have used this in my 220 a while ago. I did use it as a last resort and researched it a ton before because like alot of reefers I dont want to put any chemicals in the tank. I found out its not the eryotymycin(I dont know how that is spelled) that is usually used.

This product is made out of cayan pepper and will yellow the water at the time of treatment. It is also reef fish invert safe ect from what I was told. I was told to turn the skimmer off for 24 hrs for the best results. When I used it the tank looked yellow. I did turn my skimmer off for the 24 hr period recomended. The red slime simply dissappeared. This took a few days but dissappeared. The skimmer ren wet for a few days as I also had to turn it down. I did the recomended waterchanges and havent had it return. I did this about 6-7 months ago. I am a big skeptic with my tank and read and asked the lfs about it. I got only good reviews for this product. I tried it and had good luck other then my tang growing a 3rd eye everything went great.

I know I have bad grammer and spelling here so please dont shoot me haha im just sending the info ive heard .

Dont worry about the polluted look it does go away.

1 person likes this.
  11. Yuri Kapustin

Thank you for your input.
    So you were told to turn off the skimmer too huh. I shop at multiple lfs' and all of them said that same thing. Im glad that Im not the only one that had success with this product. Im going to keep up on the water changes and hopefully never get cyano for a long time haha

Thank you again for your input. K+

12. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I do notice if I over feed then I will see small spot on the glass in the back get some that is where it started but then I realize im only feeding algae so I cut back. I went 3 day intervals for feeding for a week or so and noticed a big difference on it when I was fighting it too. Either way good luck with it I had bunch live stuff in the tank with no issues either so I really wouldent stress. Everyone I talked to said the same thing.