cyano on sand Question.

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Zgetman, Jun 12, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Flip the sand bed?

1. Yes, it should help.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it wont help.

100.0%
  3. Undecided, could help not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

How do I get rid of this stuff. I had used red slime remover before and it worked in taking it off my rock, but now I have this patch of stuff on my sand. I have switched off my lights for a couple of days and the stuff disappears until the lights are on for a few hours. I have somewhat heard of people flipping their sand bed to combat algae. I know cyano is not algae but will it have the same effect? Any help would be great.

I have a 1" sand bed. So I am not worried of any release of bad gasses.

20140612_121357.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Increase flow to that area

Billme likes this.
  4. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

I had an outbreak and used Chemipure. Worked great. In my tank flipping sand bed did not work to get rid of it. I had to treat the tank and then get all of it out. I had a spot behind a rock I couldn’t see cause under some sand. that tiny little patch buried kept coming back. Thats why I treated. Light out, treat, siphon out is what worked for me
    Good luck

Billme likes this.
  5. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

Siphon it out or remove it by hand. Some of it depending on how thick it is it might come off in small sheet. Other than removing it by hand I would increase water flow.