Custom CUC

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by DARKHAVEN, Dec 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DARKHAVEN

DARKHAVEN Astrea Snail

have to say the cuc up crew from you is kicking but tanks looking better all the time. one queston though the larger snails you sent all stay in the upper front corner of the tank. after they stayed there for about a week i moved them to different parts of the tank and they all came back to that spot lol is it normal for them to have a favorite hang out spot?

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

those would be the nerites, totally normal. They'll do this less eventually.

They are tidal snails. That's why they do that. No worries. Sometimes they'll even climb all the way out and fall to the floor. Just put them back (unless you spray the floor with bug poison, then don't).

4. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

they do that at first but they will begin to learn their boundaries. it usually takes a week for them to settle in. What makes the nerite able to climb about and survive is they carry water with them in their shells to keep their gills wet. sometimes they spit the water when you remove them, and you can see what I mean. I think just about every cleaner species is intertidal in this hobby except for some of the true crabs and of course shrimp.

1 person likes this.