CR's 10 gallon Journal

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Coastie Reefer, Jun 28, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Nope, the shrimp is still wasting away but is nearly gone. I'm starting to see more algae in the tank so I'm guessing that's where the nitrAtes are going. Test yesterday after work and got all zeros. Put a small hermit and an astrea snail in last night and they were doing fine this morning. I'm thinking I'll give it till the end of the week and see how it goes. Then I'll probably add a little more CUC, and maybe remove the shrimp and add a single fish...

2. Click Here!

3. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

IT"S ALIVE!

Parameters have been holding steady for over a week and the small clean up crew is hard at work. I did a small water change on Friday and added a few frags. Nothing fancy, just a red mushroom, green mushroom, and some unknown zoas. The zoas aren't too impressive under the white lights, but they are crazy cool under the blue channels of the AI Prime. On Saturday I added a mocha clownfish. He eats like a pig but isn't super active. I'm hoping to get him a tank mate in a couple weeks. Just want to give the tank time to mellow out again before I add another fish, plus I'm not too certain on what I'm going to add. Thinking either another clown, or maybe a purple firefish. My LFS is small and has a limited variety of corals and fish so that helps with the patience...

Disclaimer: These pics were taken under a two bulb T5 since taking pictures under the Prime washout a purplish blue.

WP_20160724_017.jpg WP_20160724_003.jpg WP_20160724_010.jpg WP_20160724_018.jpg

Swisswiss likes this.
  4. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

Great start, love my AI Hydra!!! You'll have fun playing with the channels

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

6. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

WP_20160827_002.jpg Happy two month birthday to the 10g!!! So much has changed since the last post. Added a blacker ice clown that is definitely going to be the male, but does just fine and they've become a pretty social pair. Added another candy cane, some dragon eye zoas, a little two head frog spawn, a red monti cap, and today I just added a green bird's nest. There's a couple discs on the sand bed that have tiny pieces of a Hollywood stunner chalice I got for free when my lfs accidentally broke a piece off his colony. They're on about half the size of my pinkie fingernail but seem to be doing okay. Faded a little but don't seem to be dying. Everything is going great. Doing 5 gallon water changes every weekend just because it's easy to fill a 5 gallon bucket with old water then add a 5 gallon bucket of new water. Running a tiny amount of gfo, carbon, and filter floss in the aquaclear and no algae issues so far. Overall super happy with the little tank so far! Other than I'm going to run out of room for frag before long.

Swisswiss, Zissou and chum like this.
  7. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

looking good !

8. Click Here!

9. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

Excellent progress

10. wiigelec

wiigelec Fire Shrimp

Coming along nicely! Will be following...