Crazy cheap dry base rock!!!

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by texanjordan, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mook

mook Plankton

where in cleveland did you get this rock from im from cleveland and im looking for some base rock locally for the low low

2. Click Here!

3. mails2thiagu

mails2thiagu Feather Duster

@Wigginsreef

I am planning to start saltwater fish tank and looking for some cheap base/dry rock for it. I may need around 100lbs of it. Do you suggest using lace rock or Honeycomb(texas holey) rock to use? Also just wondering if you happen to find any other store who sells cheaper than stone plus. Any help on this, greatly appreciated.

4. madsalt

madsalt Plankton

5. SteelerMike

SteelerMike Feather Duster

I wonder if they deliver?

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Ah yes, another great thing out of Tx. And Corpus- one of the sailing mecca's has a lot to offer.

My screen name- Todd_Sails; well lets just say Sails is not my Last name. Be cool if it was though.

When I set up my first cichlid tank many years ago in Austin Tx. while going to UT-
    Austin, I got my own base rock from the many creek beds and springs around Austin.

I'm all reef now however, and luckily the tank, stand and some equip. I bought off CL to start my tank came with alot of clean, dry base rock, Loads of cruched coral, etc.