CPR Brings AIR back with AP Skimmers

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Ramora is not a "venturi" but rather "Spray Injection™" How Does Spray Injection Work?

I have used both. I much prefer BakPaks.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ahh good catch Gresham. How could I forget that white plastic screw. (which I nearly stripped) lol

Your daily email is forthcoming by the way. ;)

mat

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

just "mat" today?

You're more then that, you are Matt :) Stay proud my friend, don't let people walk on you, mat :D

I think I have some copy for you, but the scientists gfriend is now in town and he's no place to be found, go figure.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well he sounds like he has research to do G.

Still curious here Nuebie - so I took a look at the CPR BAK-PAK™ Dual Pak. In an attempt to stay on topic - do you have something close to a 100 gallon tank? If not, I would be curious to hear why you would go with that model over this AP model.

For anyone that is game, I'd like to know if you were looking at the standard Bak-Pak or this AP version, which would you go with and why?

matt

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I think so. The nano-skim is the same height as my tank and is all black acrylic. The pump is hidden inside the skimmer body and so it makes my AIO look like a reef-ready tank. Corals pop against the background and equipment is not distracting.

That makes me happy. haha

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Same height and matching then I'd be happy too Seano.

8. Click Here!

9. swreefer

swreefer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

my Hydor Aero in CPR aeroforce degraded and instead of getting another one - I bought set of stones - hook it up to the whisper air pump. works better then out of the box now ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

From what I read was AERO FORCE AP is Rated for tanks up to 75 gallons (depending on the bio-load of the tank) and the The Dual Pak provides a complete hang-on filtration unit for tanks up to 100 gallons. So im assuming im better off with that one. ( still a nube )
    My tank is 75 gallons and I have a 30 gallon sump which really holds maybe 15 gallons of water. Its still far from having a heavy bio load but i know at some point once i get my algae and detritus under control ill start adding new fish to the tank. Do you think the AP will do it? Should I put my sump into consideration with the skimmer?

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Absolutely consider the sump. That gives you the luxury of moving hardware out of the display tank (or in this case, off the side of it). Since you have a sump, I would consider an in-sump skimmer. Many, many good options there. Do some searches on the protein-skimmer board and then start a new thread there with any questions.

matt

12. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

Problem is i made my own sump and I didnt leave a whole lot of room for a in sump skimmer. where you see the bio balls is where i have some live rock rubble and pods growing in it.( no more bio balls) I could always take those out. I do wish i made the sump different now but im rolling with it for the time being. Ill start another thread as I get closer to buying the new one. Thanks for your input!
    [​IMG]