CPR Aero Force Protein Skimmer

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

How is it doing so far? Mine got delayed in shipment and wont be here until next Tuesday :(. I hope it is working well and that I didn't just order a somewhat decent skimmer. I hope there arent many micro bubble issues after breaking in. Was my main issue with the bak-paks that had the accella pump on them.

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I never had that issue but I haven't used my Bak Paks as HOT skimmers in a long time.

I am still running the feed pump full throttle. I'll play with slowing it down. My water line is just on the border of being too low for the unit so I get a little splashing from the output. I can see a few micro bubbles rising on the return side of the skimmer but I think those would get knocked out by the sponge. I suspect if I slow down the feed pump the bubbles will go away as there are very few.

I emptied the cup the other day, it was pretty nasty. Way worse smelling and looking then my Bak Pak. I adjusted the cup height and did a water change yesterday. Today it's a 1/4 full and nasty as can be. I'm happy. I wish I had a tank I could run it as a HOt on though so I could truly test it :(

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I'll do one of those reviews when I get mine.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is a video of the CRP Aero Force Protein skimmer in action!

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

arrives tomorrow...only a week after it was suppose to...

7. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

Is there any opportunity to add O3 to the air intake? What's the performance like compaired to other skimmers of the same price range... I'm considering this skimmer to support a 49g "nano" seahorse tank and would mount it in/on the sump....

8. Click Here!

9. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

FYI....I do have an Aqua C 180 sitting un-used on the shelf and could use it...however I found the Mag 5 pump to be very noisy and this tank is down in the family room near the TV....

10. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

FYI, Comment from CPR:

Ozone would be safe to use with this skimmer. When using biological media inside the skimmer chamber, it is not recommended as the ozone will damage the bacteria population. Since the AeroForce does not have media and is a skimmer alone, it is possible.

Sincerely,
    Kristofer Sheaf
    Customer Service Team
    CPR Aquatic, Inc.

11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I never knew that is how Kris spelt his name :)

I think it would be a great skimmer for a 49g seahorse tank. It works better then both the Bak Pak and Ramora, both of which I have owned and used. heck, it works better then the AC 180 I had as well, but that one never seemed to work all that well :( Even changed out the injector to see if that would help, and tried every pump under the sun.

12. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

I have been very happy with the CPR Overflow I have been using for many years. This skimmer sure looks good... I'll get it ordered, and will likely modify the inlet so that I can feed it from the external return pump mounted on the sump... one less heat source...

Thanks.