CPR Aero Force Protein Skimmer

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

True... but you are not taking into consideration price points of products. One thing I know they have learned is how to keep a product within the price range they need to. Anything but clear acrylic is more expensive. They only use acrylic from one manufacturer as it glues together better and lasts longer. That manufacturer may not offer anything but clear in the acrylic tubing.

People complained about the black tubing used on the Bak Pak, there truly is no pleasing everyone :)

I got my unit last night and installed it. It' still braking in but man I can tell this guy is going to be a beast!!!

2. Click Here!

3. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

i demand pictures gresham!

4. InvertiGreat

InvertiGreat Plankton

This thing is genius, decoupling the flow rate from the buble production should really keep the interation time between the air and water up. I'm very curious about two things... First is noise level, which seems like it should be low. Second, is do you think the internal bubble-chamber part might be able to be dropped into an aquafuge to make an improved version of their combo model. If not, I hope someone will recomend this to them as a future prduct.

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I know they have all ready thought of that one invertiGreat :) The owner/founder is real big on multi use items :)

The unit is extremely quiet. I am very impressed with that.

I'm also the first to mod theirs :lol: I shaved off leveling brackets so i could use it in sump.

Let it kick in a bit more and I'll take some pics. FWIW I don't normally take dirty sump shots :lol:

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I didn't think about the possibility that they couldn't get it in black. I was going to buy a Deltec MCE600, but I'm betting ill love this guy more. Are you able to control the flow of the water entering the unit? I hope so. The main downfall of the CPR bak pak 2 was the new pump that they put on them. Way to powerful for the unit.

I know the unit is still breaking in, but how is the micro bubble situation?

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I thought it had a base on it and leveling brackets were in the base but not on the bottom...dam photos

8. Click Here!

9. InvertiGreat

InvertiGreat Plankton

I'll be thier first customer the minute they come out the the fuge combo... this is exactly what I was wishing I had the DIY skills to do myself... I've tried and failed so many times to get good joints with acrylic, and the overflow I have from them is rock solid. Thier prices always feel high, but you get what you pay for... As far as clear acrylic goes, if you don't like it, painter's tape and a can of Krylon will sort that out. Can't wait to hear how it performs.

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I prefer vinyl. Depending on how everything is set-up I might just put my own plumbing in it.

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

We want photos now :)

Are you able to control the flow of the intake pump?

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

when I have time I will take them but right now I have 6 shows to get ready for so no time.

You can but I am running it wide open.