couple o' questions & in need of tips

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Swisswiss, Jun 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

thats exactly him, and what my other acros went through..... i wont kill him off (personal principle) but what i will do is try and transfer him to a dead acro skeleton i have and place it on the other end of the tank. hard to spot on the acros but thats exactly the eye color mine has

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Try the sump instead. That's where mine went after this pic. He'll find a fresh acro quickly otherwise.

4. Swisswiss

dont use a sump sadly

so how big would a colony need to be to actually host one of these crabs, is there anyone out there that has a symbiosis relationship between these two in their aquarium? corailine?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Hmm. I would consider taking him to your lfs then. They could put him in the rock bin.

I would hate to see you continue to lose corals over him, though I do understand the sentiment. But, you are basically trading one life for another. Corals are inverts same as the crab.

Now that this came up I'm going to check my sump and see if mine is still crawling around down there.

6. Swisswiss

well i just placed him on skeleton acro lets see how it goes, if he is happy living there and catching what gets stuck good, if he actually manages to get to my single acro colony at the other end of the tank then i will give him a lot of respect.....and take him back

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Ahh, I was thinking in context of my tank with acros everywhere. One colony will be easy to watch. Good luck!

8. Click Here!

9. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Back to your original question about the green sps. Anyway you can get a closer pic so we can see the corallite structure better?

10. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

My guess is 6 bulbs with NO reflectors would be equivalent to 2-3 bulbs with "top of the line" reflectors.? So keeping acros might be difficult. Hopefully 2in10 will chime in and help.

11. Swisswiss

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  12. Swisswiss