Could this be why my brain isint doing so good?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

mag is usally 3x what cal is when your waters right..

ex: 450 calcium / mag should be = 1350

make sure your alk is 8-12 dKH

I use epson salt to raise my mag. I use about a cup of epson salt mixed in 1g salt water to raise my 100, in my 55g tank..

test your nitrate maybe there high. if they are over 20ppm then you need to do %25+ WC. I think my nitrates is what caused my brain to die. I was reading the test wrong for 5 months. thought I had 0, didnt wait 5 minutes for test results per API test kit instructions. :(

defintly feed that thing with the bottle trick..

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

to be totally honest puffer its not that hard i dose Kalk+2 by Brightwell Aquatics with a diy doser i made that drips at a slow enough rate that it dosent change my salinity (or raise my water level) i test 1 or 2 times a month long as my pramas dont move i know my drip is perfect. in the beginning u will test more often to check for swings .but by having it drip slow there is no way to overdose thats why i dont add it to topoff water since my diy overflow always messes up my ato adds to much water and i dont wanna be adding to much kalk i rather just add to much water but its ez i use a 2 liter bottle

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks for the readings on what their supposed to be, i was ging to test this morning but because of the storm, ive been in the bathroom all morning
    that doesnt sound to hard

oh and my brain has finally opend up, its was on its third day of being deflated, and its finally looking ok, guess it likes the new spot

5. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

thats good to here guess im a lil late lol

6. that fish guy

that fish guy Flamingo Tongue

Guys I need serios help not to hijack this thread but my brain is damaged okay so my brain has been liking it on the rocks and has been all puffed up so I fed it this morning and when I came home an hour ago part of it got stuck on a rock and it tore a hole in my brain please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't want to lose my brain

7. that fish guy

8. Click Here!

9. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

You might get a better response with your own thread.

Are you sure your brain should be on the rock? A lot of them grow naturally on the substrate. Do you know what type of brain it is? It might help knowing what kind it is.
    If it's healthy it will probably recover from a hole. You might try putting it on the sand so it doesn't suffer any more damage.

Don't panic, it's not going to die in a matter of minutes, most brains are pretty hardy.

My 2c

10. that fish guy

Thanks and i'm not quite sure what type but I moved him to a really flat rock where there's nothing that can hurt it

11. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

If you have a clownfish, there is a good chance it might be trying to steal food from the brain, by pushing his head into it's mouth. I've seen clownfish kill brains and scolys by doing this. Also if a clownfish tries to host one, they can be really rough, pushing the flesh against the skeleton, and tearing it up.