Could this be why my brain isint doing so good?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Put a rock close to it to deflect the water. Zoas can easily and quickly adapt to any conditions. They are also extremely hardy.

BTW, I mean to much direct flow.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that was kind of how i had the rocks around it in its last spot but it was still deflated and started to not look so good

edit; and it was nearish the powerhead since ive had it, but now its at the opposite end of the tank, as far away as it can possibly go,

i think ill give it until sunday, and if nothing changes by sunday i dunno what to do

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I mean to much direct flow. Have you tried spot feeding at all?

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

im going to try, but i havent been because the feeders havent been out, but maybe ill be able to kind of force them out

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

Have you tried the cut in half 2 liter bottle trick at night? cut bottle in half save top part. put over brain, squirt food inside and twist on cap. let sit for a few hours so the food is pretty much laying on top of the coral.. it will eat.. mysis,brine or krill should work. do that twice a week for a while..

GL

7. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

8. Click Here!

9. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

sorry about the two post but when i started dosing kalk my lps and whole tank started doing better also i am thinking about dosing and testing iodine i heard they suck that up fast too

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

may have to try that

no, i havent been dosing, for two reason im afraid of overdosing and screwing everything up, so id rather not dose, and the birdsnest, brain, and bubble are the only thing that would probably need to be dosed as i think im going to just stick with zoathnids for a while.

11. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Good call. Check your alk / calcium. The large birdsnest, brain and bubble all added at the same time may have gradually lowered all these parameters which would definitely affect them.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ill do some testing tomorrow i have the two tests, just dont have magnesium. So even though the others are doing great, its possible for just one to not do so good? i was hoping since these are the only three that would need to be dosed i wouldnt have to, just really afraid i would overdose and screw something up, i also dont have the money right now to buy stuff to dose