Corals turned white >Advice

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by ianaco70, Aug 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

IMG02797.jpg

IMG03223.jpg

IMG03224.jpg

heres some pics. My lighting is the orbit current 48 inch and the corals are located on top of the rocks closer to the lights.

2. Click Here!

3. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

slime away for the red slime, can you get more current in the tank? Si,PO4,NH3,4? temp? par rating?

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

is it just me or does the light look alot duller in the after shots???? anyone else see this?

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Looks to me the coral has purged all of its zooxanthellae algae .. A sudden change of light or temp and or water parameters could and would cause this . Get it under some better lighting it will color back up how long did it take to do this once put into your tank ? How many lamp tubes do you have in the orbit set up ?

6. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

Thanks for all the advice everyone is giving i appreciate it

The coral was in the tank and doing great for about 5 weeks then suddenly turned white. The light has the following features:

Includes:

Two 65 Watt Dual Actinic Lamps (460nm/420nm) and two 65 Watt Dual Daylight Lamps (10,000K/6700K)

Four lunar lights
    Each set of compact fluorescent lamps have their own power cord and switch to enable dawn/dusk lighting (one switch and power cord for the Daylight lamps, one switch and cord for the Actinic lamps). The lunar lights have their own power cords. The fan is wired into the switch and cord for one set of compact fluorescent bulbs.

Black powder coated extruded aluminum housing. A great match for All-Glass, Island, Oceanic and Perfecto Aquariums.
    One 3" fan for ventilation
    Adjustable Docking Mounts (legs) for elevating above aquarium. Easily removable acrylic lens.