Urgent Corals dying?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Toallhisdoom, Sep 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

very weird....all I can think is that anemones do tend to be more sensitive creatures than corals. That's very strange that it looks like it's detaching from its spot. Have you checked your parameters today?

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Everything is the same. Perfect paramaters. I have a poly filter thing in there. It turned blue. Guess that means copper?

4. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

I have a hard time bitting in to the fact that you moved the entire contents of a 75g in to a 120g with nothing going on with your water prem's at all, other than having some beneficial bacteria established your basically starting over and something is going on. I do know the nem should be placed in an extablished tank and I would say your tank is not quite as established before the move. did you add dry or new rock when you moved the tank? You added more sand new right? Did you check for copper by chance?

5. Toallhisdoom

As stated. No test for copper. Washed tank out multiple times before move. Not just anemone ddying. All corals!

6. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

When I added dry rock after my move, I noticed the dry rock started growing hair algae, no other rock had it that stuff growing on it, just the new stuff, my tank had big issues after that and I believe the dry rock leeched something. can't prove it, but it's what I think happen. I hope you get it figured, cus stuff like that happening just sucks.

7. Toallhisdoom

Yea 3 anems. Bunch of softies. Only real expensive piece is my anem. Still gonna be like a $300 loss

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'm at a loss Toal :( I sure hope it gets better. I just don't have an intervention to suggest :confused:

10. Toallhisdoom

You and me both! I hate when theres nothing you can do. When you cant figure out whats wrong how can you find a solution? Ahh well. Fresh start for corals I guess. :/ thanks for all the help. Maybe ill figure something out.

11. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Buy a copper test kit?

12. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

+1 Test Nitrite and Ammonia as well. It just sounds like its cycling to me.That sucks.:(