Urgent Corals dying?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Toallhisdoom, Sep 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

The corals are just very receded. And the anemone is very sucked in. Its probably just aclimation. Hopefully things will look better tomorrow.

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Still look terrible. Idk what to do. Any ideas?

4. Toallhisdoom

5. Sammyshrimp

Sammyshrimp Plankton

Coral ......

Hi all .. New to this marine life .. We have now had our 20 gallon Kent bio marine tank for 7 weeks and been adding live rock from week 2 and every other week to build our tank .. We then added 1 coral & 1 turbo snail in week 5 as advised we could from our marine fish aquarium shop. worried about the coral !
    Our testing has been very successful and no problems ..
    Please help .. I think the coral is alot smaller and dying !

Thanks all x

6. APC

APC Gigas Clam

As long as your parameters are okay, I would not stress too much. When I did my transfer from 120 to 250, everything closed up and looked like crap for about a day, then it opened back up and all was well. I spent a lot of time making sure that the water was as close to perfect as possible when I did my move - I literally mixed up 150 gallons of RO water, aerated it, heated it, etc. So it was like doing a 50% water change and I still stressed my corals. So I think that is what you are seeing as well. Just keep checking for spikes of NHs, NO2, NO3 and it that stays in check...lay low and let it work itseld out. Sometimes you can do more harm by trying to "fix" it than you can by just letting it be. One thing I would do, if you can, is drop an airstone in your display tank. When ever I am having issues I always like to over oxygenate the water for a couple of days. Can't hurt :)

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Mr. G I would recommend starting your own thread with a picture of the coral, name of coral and the basic water chemistry.

:)

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

Yea I am assuming it is just stress. All params are spot on same as rhey were in the 75gal. I have not been doing anything just letting it get back to normal patterns. So hopefully things will start looking up.

10. Toallhisdoom

Thanks for the help everyone!

11. Toallhisdoom

Everything looks worse then yesterday. :(

Attached Files:

12. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Man, I'm sorry I can't help you out with your question. Hopefully everything recovers :/