coralline question

Discussion in 'Algae' started by bvb-etf-luva, May 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

thats a good idea, but would two make the tank a little crowded with equipment? would it be better than just one 450?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

One koralia nano will be enough in that tank, I think.

:)

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

one of those has so much flow that the reverb off the glass will give him plenty of random water movement.

5. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

i have a hydor nano 240 in my 5 gallon.

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i think ill just go with one koralia nano, i heard birdsnest corals get excess sediment buildup in their branches do you think this would give me enough flow to avoid that?

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

honestly, they need random flow, thats why i suggested 2, because having just one, will have lots of flow but if everything is blowing in one direction, it will get stuck. IMO i think steve made a post about this somewhere else

This is just my opnion though, for the best of the coral, if you have an HOB filter or skimmer, you could position the ph at the other end of the tank pointing at the BN, then have the output at the other end, pointing at the BN. just jotting down ideas for you.

also if its going to be an SPS only/mostly that extra flow will be excellent.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

well in my other thread xmetalfan suggested a sump on the tank so the return pump flow would be in addition to any other pumps in the tank.

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

yeah i didnt think about that in my first post, sounds good, just gotta make sure the placement is right.

11. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Agreed. 2 powerheads of any kind in that tank of yours would be just about touching from either sides.

Haven't you set up tanks before..? I would assume you would know about coraline growth, from other posts from you I've seen.

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

It seems like, with it only being 5 gallons.. You are pretty much going to have to pick one coral that you like and that's it.. One and done! But who knows. Can't wait to see pics.