Coralife Power Center Multi-Timer

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 4, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

This is on my new mantis tank. It has worked very well so far. One month isn't exactly a long-term test but I wanted you guys to know.

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Inwall75 are you using it as a wave maker?
    If so I would think that 15 minutes would be to much time. Short bursts of the power heads would be better right?

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I'm sorry. I cannot give a review on that feature. Since I'm using it in a mantis tank, I'm strictly using the constantly on plugs for the pump and protein skimmer and the timer for turning the lights on and off at a consistent time.

I would think that 15 minutes is too long for a wavemaker as well. However, I feel all tanks would benefit from having a slight change in water direction from time to time. I would not want to use this as a wavemaker in an SPS tank but I would also not want to use any powerstrip/powerhead designed wavemaker in an SPS tank. JMO

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

inwall any probs with your's turning off?

I bought mine over the weekend. I needed a grounded timer to run my halide and knew they were not that cheap, so I thought I'd give this thing a try.

Well tonight I realized the halide was still on and it was supposed to be off. :p

Started touching it and looking at it and it went off, pretty sure it was because I was messing with it.

Had I not been here, the halide may have stayed on! >:(

On a small tank with a halide, this could get very bad, very fast.

I'll have to see tomorrow. I am going out of town this weekend, now it seems risky!

ANyone else have this problem?

matt

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well it turned off last night!
    So I don't know if I didn't have all the tabs pushed down the first time or what.. hmmm.. as long as it works now. ::)

Anyway for anyone considering this thing, please note:

There are 4 outlets that are timer controlled however you cannot set times for all 4 outlets. The way it works is this - 2 of the outlets go on at the same time and when they are off the other 2 are on.

You set the times of one group of outlets by pulling the tabs up. The others go on when the timer comes across tabs that are down, in other words, when the other outlets are off.

SO, if you have 2 lights going during the day for 12 hours, your moonlights will go on when the daylights turn off.

I am only using one set of outlets that control my halide and a computer fan and they are on for 10 hours a day.

Hope that helps!

:)

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Matt,

I missed your email and didn't get a chance to respond before you had to leave. I'm glad to hear it is working fine for you now.

Mine has operated well. I kept the manual. Their phone number is 310-851-8999 if you have any more problems.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks inwall.. it worked again last night so I guess I just didn't have the tabs flush. If it works again tonight I'll feel better about going out of town this weekend! ;D

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Just an update - No problems since the first night, very happy with this thing for my setup.