Coral Shopping Spree! :)

Discussion in 'Coral' started by kcbrad, Apr 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Yea, there was a guy selling it around here. I would have gotten a piece if it were not prolific like a leather and drop branches constantly. It is a beautiful coral and grows quickly in good water conditions. You should be able to trade it easily for nice frags. Some say it is no longer available in the ocean (not extinct, but you either can't harvest it or what was there is now gone).

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

the nephthea is so colorful. and the blue/green shroomie looks like a ricordea yuma. very nice. i recently picked up my first sps as well. all i can say is wow, a whole new world to me, and so much fun shopping for sps. ENJOY!

edit: you just helped me figure out what that green thing is in my tank. ive had it as a frag for over a year and never really knew what it was. i posted it to get an ID but had no luck. THANK YOU SO MUCH. karma+
    ill see if i can find a pic. if not tomorrow

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Wow, awesome!!! Lol I'm glad you finally figured out what it is!! :) It is rare, so I'm not surprised people weren't sure what it was.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yeah, I read they are no longer in the ocean. But who knows if that's true or not. I'm just happy to have it!

Are you saying my coral is going to be dropping branches all over? :(

6. NU-2reef

this is the best i could do. its a top down shot into the tank. when i first bought it i almost killed it at least 3 times but it has always made a recovery. its bullet proof i swear. cant wait to see yours

[​IMG]

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh that's beautiful!! Very nice. Thanks for sharing!!

8. Click Here!

9. NU-2reef

holy jeez! that thing is expensive. i just saw it at live aquaria. this makes me even happier. maybe one day i can frag these for folks up here. im so excited now, and its all your fault

10. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

It will self propagate under the right conditions. Most leather corals get annoying like that (my Kenya tree and Devils hand are GONE now) - but with a high dollar one, sell it, trade it, get some frags :) It is very pretty.

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Haha yeah, it was really expensive. lol Opened up it's only like an inch!! :eek: But I fell in love. The aquacultured corals are expensive, but it's a good thing! Plus, it's guaranteed for 30 days!

Hmmm...okay. lol Well, when it starts "self propagating" I will come to you for help! I have no idea really what that entails. That would be neat to sell or trade it.

12. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

im sure your better half is over joyed with you. lol you should have seen the look on my moms face when my dad and i came home with a clam. i think he slept on the couch that night lol nice stuff! cant wait to see it in your tank!

1 person likes this.