Coral Pics

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Bruce, Nov 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Only if you want really good Macro..

There are less expensive cameras you can do it with. Check my gallery....I think that camera (sony cybershot) was about $800? with a macro feature. They are good, but I was limited in what I could capture due to focal length, shutter speed, etc. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Bruce, Macro Flashes are really designed for SLR camera's. So you could rig one up to work with a point-and-shoot but there is limited flexibility that way.
    That is a great camera. I have the older version S602Zoom and Love it for Tank shots.

J

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

wat is SLR?...also would it be better to go with that camera and no marco flash or another with macro flash? wat camera comes with or is able to come with a maro flash?

6. Jason McKenzie

SLR is a Single Lens Reflex. They are the big cameras with interchangeable lenses.
    Mose point and Shoot cameras Like the Fuji will adjust the flash to accommodate macro. But the Super Macro will not have flash capability and in most cases Tank shots you will not need a flash

J

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hi Bruce..

I guess I was not very clear in my reply to your questions! You can take macro shots with a point and shoot camera. You do not need a macro flash for that. It would not be worth it.

All the photos in my gallery were done with a point and shoot camera with the standard flash.

Gresham and Jason and I were talking about high end digital cameras with changeable lenses etc. If you are going for exceptional macro shots....then you are getting into a separate Macro Lens, with Macro Flashes.

Cameras as another money pit hobby!! ;D

Does that clear things up a bit?

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

how much would a non point and shoot camera be?...i have a old pentax (non digital) with interchangeable lenses but im sick of now knowing if i have a good pic so i want to go digital

10. Jason McKenzie

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

You would Jason! I didn't see the price on that page....what are they, around $1600?

Jason, what do you think about the digital Rebel for Bruce's applications? It takes the same lenses as the 20D And it costs around $700-$800?

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Or is the Rebel a point and shoot camera? I didn't think it was but its late now and I can't remember .....zzzzzzz