Coral of the Month July '06 -Sun Coral (Tubastrea)

Discussion in 'Coral of the Month' started by Brandon1023, Jul 1, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Nearly bought one of these beautiful corals today, but had to fight temptation and go home start getting my calcium and mag higher first...

2. Click Here!

3. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

Thanks for the info.. And they are beautiful..

Larry

4. weboddity

weboddity Astrea Snail

Definitely a beautiful, rewarding coral to own. When I was feeding mine daily, they spawned countless babies that are everywhere in my first tank. Visitors young and old really seem to enjoy its appearance, and the flowing tentacles. "It's like little flowers!"

I read about a dedicated sun owner (I believe it was Tubastrea Faulkneri like mine) who removes and feeds their sun separately. The coral always stays underwater, and gets put in a temperature-matched container that has a heater and little pump to blow feed all around. I admire their dedication -- they said that they spend about two hours on this process daily, I believe an hour of which was just letting the little guys eat and the rest of which was the transition from tank to feed site and vice-versa.

5. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

oops

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010