coral id

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by xabo, Jan 2, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

I found out it's aStylophora Pistalla. Sorry about the photo. Thanks for the replies!

2. Click Here!

3. Sue_T

Sue_T Plankton

This is definitely a stylopora pistillata, of the sps coral species. One that I might guess will color up to a more intense pink coloration. Nice coral.

4. aquariumnuts

aquariumnuts Plankton

Does it feel like a rock or more like rubber. Looks like a Tonga softe to me?

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

For you and all the new members lately...

[flash=468,60]http://www.3reef.com/fish/sitepics/threesteps3.swf[/flash]

hehhe. ;D

As for the coral, I see what you are saying about the Tonga but I am sticking with my hunch with the backing of xabo and Sue_T. Check out Sue's tanks in her sig, I'd say she knows her SPS! :) :eek:

6. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

I recently got a small LPS from a buddys who tank i broke down, he just gave it to me, anyways I would like to know what it is....It looks to me like a mze brain, but I dont think so, I was told by my friend that it was from Haiti or somewhere in the Carribean, it nice a bright green, ill get a pic soon, just waiting for my camera to recoop, it was on top the microwave, and I believe it got nuked [smiley=furious3.gif]LOL
    I dont expect anyone to repy unitl I get a good enough pic...thanks in advance

Jared