coral healtj declining

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by bvb-etf-luva, Jan 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

but can i have one daylight and two actinics?

2. Click Here!

3. trijam

trijam Coral Banded Shrimp

If you want to run all four you might want to go with this set-up. Front to back. ATI Blue+, KZ 14K, Actinic(you have), ATI Blue+. This will give you the full colour spectrum with a bluer look. But for now get the 14k daylight and save for the rest and add them as you can afford to one at a time. Spreading it out alittle over a few weeks time is better for light acclimating your corals anyway. This way you won't have to move your corals or your fixture.;)

4. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

ok will do, are there any brands that perform better than others, cuz the lfs just has all of the pc's for the same price, so if one is better than the other that would help

5. trijam

trijam Coral Banded Shrimp

My bad I didn't realize you had a PC unit until I went to the begining thought it was T5 HO. However you should look at Current USA 10K x2 and Blue Actinic 460nm x2. These will make everything happy in your tank. They are usually about $26 each online but you can get Coralife bulbs for less. Most LFS carry Coralife and lesser bulbs to maximize their profit. ;D

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

ok, the bulbs at the lfs around here average out at about forty so got some more saving to do.