Coral eating Nudibranches...PH*CK !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Otty, Jun 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

10g tank, HOB filter, egg crate, pc light and you're good to go.

I actually have most of this stuff. I made a frag rack for a 10g tank that Im not using. 65w coralife pc light with 50/50 bulb.

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I think I have a small HOB filter laying around somewhere. Its a whisper I think for a 10/15g.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I will try and save this one because it came from a friend so there is some value to it. Will just keep dipping and picking for a while to see if I get them all.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have one of those exact light on my 55gal tanks fuge so I guess I can use that one. When I bought the 265 it came with a large HOB filter that I can use to. I will be stepping by DeathCo tonight and picking up a 10gal tank. Guess I will be starting up a quaratine tank quicker then I thought. I just know the coral is going to loose it's color but hopefully it will make it.

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I would use egg crate and build a shelf to put it as close to the light as you can. Ive kept sps under pc lights before. But it was close to the surface.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Good point! Guess I will be cutting eggcrate tonight too......;D

8. Click Here!

9. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

another thing you could try... Go to walmart and look in the shower/bathroom section for soap dishes. The kind with suction cups. I use them for temp frag racks. You can put them right at the top under the light without cutting egg crate but for long term, I use egg crate. The soap dish is also good for finding the right level in your tank where a coral will be happy or adjust it to your lights cause you can easily move it where you need it.

10. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

^^ I have a soapdish like geek is talking about in my nano. It works great as a temp holding area for coral

11. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

Those Bean sproot come in some handy boxes

HI,
    MAny of the live food for us humans have some pretty neat containers things like blue berry, small tomatos , and bean sprots have little plastic boxes , all you do is put some live rock fragments in it and your baby frag and place it near the light, its disposable and keeps the fish form the frags until they attach to a small piece of rock and you don't spen hours hunting for frags in the gravel or worse in the live rock pile never to be seen again.
    Doug
    PS I had to blow the dust off it once in while to allow more light.
    if need more holes in the side I use my handy wood burning tool or soldering gun or a small drill to allow more water flow. more of that Keep it simple theory.

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I got some zoa's yesterday(no pics yet) fresh water dipped it cause Im out of coral dip. Thought I was good to go. I was looking it and noticed something that looked like it was regurgitaing until I saw it move. I broek out eh magnifying lens and it was a nudi. So I yanked it out of the tank, dipped it again for longer and a few nudi's came off this time, the biggest being about 1/2" covered in hair algae so thats why I didnt notice it. I got some lugol's coming fedex spose to be here before noon today. Its getting dipped in that today too, to make sure EVERYTHING except the zoa's are dead!!!!

Otty, be sure to check for eggs, I found one egg sack after dipping(eggs hold 40+eggs). Removed it with tweezers along with a couple corpses.