Coral dying?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by crustytheclown, Jan 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

so i moved them up about a quarter of the way up the tank from the sand bed. How long should i leave them at this level before moving them up even more? Should i do this slowly or just move them as far up as possible now?

2. Click Here!

3. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

move them all the way up

good luck

4. crustytheclown

here are a couple new ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i think im gonna move them all the way up in the tank, as close to the surface as i can!

5. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

do you feed marine snow,cyclops ez,or phyto plankton?those are filter feeders and need those foods.Those corals should be fine under those lights.I have them in my biocube 29 for a year now.Your ph should be 8.1-8.3 and you should see their feeder tentacles come out.ph is key with those and magnesium,be careful with strontium and iodide as they are so hard to test.

6. crustytheclown

the move went well and the purple/green acan looks a bit better i think! I feed rods food twice a week along with mysis shrimp by h20 life, but just found out recently that you need to feed these corals when the lights are off. Like a couple hours after the lights go out when the feeder tentacles come out. I also just picked up some coral frenzy and will feed it tonight. I also use Red Sea Coral Pro salt for my mix, which is a good salt i thinks. I will keep updating as i go. Thanks for the feedback