Coral Beauty's face torn up

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Ishymishy77, Aug 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Agreed. New vasulature growth would be hindered greatly. The only way to superglue a wound like this would be to hold down the fish and place a small amount in one spot (on the surface.... like a stitch) to adhere the chuck in place. And it's still taking a chance. Superglue Gel would be the way to go IF you decided to go that route. BUT......it is a serious at your own risk venture.

I am in complete agreement with the hospital tank idea. I would go invest in a nice little 20g long, do a water change on your DT and use that water to fill the 20g....or at least part of it. I wouldn't do more than a 30% water change on the DT.

2. Click Here!

3. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

Thanks guys. Soaking some food in selcon right now. Waiting for the little ones to fall asleep before I try and catch her. ( They tend to want to help) I do have a quarintine tank that I could set up but I am worried that the knox ick med is still in the tank. It stained all the silicone bright blue when we used it for the ick breakout we had. I think my fiance brought home a little 7g acrylic a while back. Will see if we can't use that.

Thanks

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Don't worry about the stainage. I actually used my stained quarantined hospital tank to start a nano reef tank. Had no problems. Neither will you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ishymishy77

Is there some kind of fish god or something? This morning my fiance woke me up and said come check out the new fish, obviosly I was a little confused and thinkin why would you go and get a new fish when we were having issues with the one we just got. Then I had to ask, Did she die? He just said that there is some kind of fish god or something and laughed. So here you all go, do fish heal that fast?:confused1

Attached Files:

6. Ishymishy77

Well the spot on her face has returned afer three weeks. Starting to wonder if it is hole in head disease.