Coral beauty

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by muggle, Aug 16, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

would you put a coral beauty into mixed reef??

Small tangs for 120g recomendation or what is a larger showcase fish you would add to tank

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Depends on how bad you like the fish, and if you're willing to take that risk. Usually coral beauty's do well, but there's always the bad apple. Personally I wouldn't, but I would put a potters angel instead.

I would say most tangs from the genus zebrasoma, ie yellow, purple, sailfin, etc. or kole tangs and such. Stay away from ones like the naso, vlamingi, clown, or Sohal.

A cool show piece fish for a 120...depends on what you like. Personally I think a harlequin tusk would be cool. Or a big purple tang.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I have a CB in my mixed reef, with other fish like a flame Angel, Blue, yellow and desjardini Tang, wrasse, gobies, damsel etc., no problems.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

My coral beauty has been a model citizen. I do not have any sps but it doesn't nip at others corals (knock on wood) so far.

6. Mikeyb

Mikeyb Bristle Worm

I had a coral beauty for a few months, wouldn't bother anybody and was eating fine. Then was like overnight took a turn for the worse and dies two days after that. I loved how it looked but it was always shy tending to hide behind the rocks. I had replaced it with an Eibls Angel, which floats around the tank everywhere, very sociable and eats great.

7. ncfishguy

ncfishguy Astrea Snail

Coral beauty I had nipped as well but I have a flame never has lol