Coral Beauty Fin Decay?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by BrianH123, Feb 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I had the same thing happen with my Coral Beauty. I feed my tank a variety of algae, veggies, meaty foods and the fins started looking pretty bad. Looked like fin rot to me. Not your's.........I am talking about mine. Your's doesn't look that bad. I, for three days running, soaked the food in Melafix and garlic and just fed once daily. She rebounded perfectly. Whether it was the melafix or time or it's own immune system, I don't know....but that's what I did.

2. Click Here!

3. BrianH123

BrianH123 Astrea Snail

So as of this morning the Coral Beauty is no more. Last night before i went to sleep i hadn’t seen him all day Sunday and just before the lights clicked off he came out of the rocks looking really rough...i think he smashed up against the rocks several times and there were white exposures all along the top half of his body and the rear fin was almost gone. When i woke up this morning he was wrapped around my Koralia? I cant believe how fast the fish went with nothing else being effected in the tank?? I would take some consolation in the loss if i learned something in the process since i am still very new to this hobby however i checked the water parameters again and they all seem fine. I realize now my food selection could have been better however he was eating the brine with algae and mysis and the odd flake for three months and looking great. Very confusing. Thanks for your input though.

Brian

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry to hear that. How mature is this tank? Angels need a stable, mature aquarium.

5. BrianH123

BrianH123 Astrea Snail

It is approx 4.5 months, what is your idead of mature - +1 year? I am thinking in a month or two adding a flame angel to replace the CB?