Coral Banded Shrimp Shell

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by cuttingras, Oct 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Omard..give it time he'll come out(the one in the 125) I don't see mine most of the time.:)

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

thanks

hey cuttingras I sent you a reply and didn't do it correctly. I sent it as a message. Some (maybe) helpful info.

1 person likes this.
  4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Thanks,

Guess I should be thankful I see him once in a great while, as opposed to never. (at least I know he is still around and has not fallen prey to my "mystery" pistol shrimp or some other deadly end...) :-/

5. cuttingras

I do worry about mine and that pistol shrimp I may have...CBS likes those rocks for some reason. I do also worry about my kids frying him up LOL they talked about it today(yesterday), like they had the batter all ready. sicko's!!;D

6. sykes_33

sykes_33 Astrea Snail

i always see te after math never the prime time.. boo hoo

7. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

if you want him to shed.pour some reef iodine.helps it.me and my buddy had to force my blood shrimp to shed to get his legs back from his attack by some crabs.its not really the smartest best thing to do but it works.

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

Mine's currently growing back a new leg...again. He lost one about 2 months ago. This time it's taking longer for it to grow back and I'm not sure where the old one went!:eek:

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

You know...I think those large legs/Claws are mostly for show and designed to come off petty easily when shrimp is stressed or threatened.

Do not seem to be "flexible" enough for much regular use...

And I noticed the shrimp still has 4 little feeding/gathering "claws" besides the two big ones.

Again I think they are primarily for scaring off other fish, or predators. :-/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scott

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  11. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

mine sheds at night always and leaves the shell in a open area to distract any would be predaters from biting it while it hides in the rocks until its new shell is hard enough to protect it.

12. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

has anyone ever mesured their coral banded shrimps attenaes?i bet there has to be a record here on 3reef.lol