Coral Banded Shrimp / Arrow Crab - Killers?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by gamma, Jul 1, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

the claws arent to bad they pinch but won't break the skin, becareful not to move if he grips you because the claw will rip off pretty easily.

loose both of them, the arrow will kill small fish and shrimp. the cbs will kill other shrimp and maybe some small fish.

2. Click Here!

3. bc219

bc219 Millepora

I had a psychotic CBS. It tried to kill everything, including other shrimp that supposedly it would be okay with since I have a 75gal tank. It attacked anything that moved. I was glad when it died. I how have cleaner shrimps and am much happier.

4. snooopidydoo

snooopidydoo Coral Banded Shrimp

CBS Are cool shrimp but are bad to the bone. I had 1 that was bigger, it took on a snowflake morey Eel and kicked it out of its own territory and then it started ripping chunks out of my bubble tip anenome, so i kicked it out of my tank and let a friend have it.

5. rothany206

rothany206 Spaghetti Worm

my very first cbs was a mighty fine snack for my very first arrow crab that was so long ago when i didnt know better well no more arrow crab the cbs in my tank now is ok doesnt bother anything ive had him for 6 months maybe im just lucky

6. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

Man whats wrong with people was it a PETCO

7. DrSabbyDoo

DrSabbyDoo Astrea Snail

I need an arrow crab to get rid of my bristle worm infestation! But am worried when i keep reading they are killers. When you say "small fish" what kind of small fish do you mean? I have 2 black and white clown fish, 1 3 stripe damsel, 1 blue hippo tang, and 1 baby engineer goby. Also have 2 corals, several snails and hermits...

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have a CBS that is branded to the fuge cause he eats on my inverts a little at a time.

10. bc219

bc219 Millepora

What about trying a sixline wrasse? Mine is great for pest control, including bristle worms.

11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

my CBS is banned to my overflow.. he gets all the food he wants in there..